The 2018 REVES conference will be held at the Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
The ‘Michigan Flyer’ travels between the Detroit Metro Airport and Ann Arbour, leaving from the ground transportation garage (Stall #1 and Stall #5), departing regularly from 6AM to 10:30PM. It will drop passengers off at the Blake Transit Center – 328. S Fifth Ave, Ann Arbor. From there it is a 6 -10 minute walk or a 3-5 minute car ride to the Institute for Social Research, or about 5 more minutes’ walk to the main University of Michigan Campus. The current fare one way is $12, with slight discounts for round trip and advance purchases.
There is a taxi company that operates out of the Detroit Airport. It is called Metro Cars and the current fare is $55 (without tip) to Ann Arbor.
For more information, visit the Detroit Metropolitan Airport Ground Transportation page here, which lists the above options as well as some others.
We have reserved blocks of rooms in three campus-area hotels. All three are within walking distance of the event venue. Please note the “Must book by” dates in order to secure the reduced rate in the conference block. Click on the name of the hotel to proceed to the registration page for that hotel.
Residence Inn Ann Arbor Downtown
120 W. Huron Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Rate: $195/night plus tax
Ask for: REVES/TRENDS Meeting
Must book by: April 30, 2018
Bell Tower Hotel
300 South Thayer Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734) 769-3010, (800) 562-3559
Rate: $189/night, plus tax
Ask for: TRENDS/REVES (by phone) or code 311114 if using the registration website
Must book by: April 29, 2018
Ann Arbor Bed and Breakfast
On campus on Huron at Fletcher, 20% discount for conference attendees.
921 E Huron Street
In addition to the conference hotels, several other less expensive hotels are located several miles off campus. Please note that these require taxi, shuttle, or bus transportation to campus. Campus parking is not available.
Ann Arbor Sheraton Hotel
3200 Boardwalk Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Rates from $139 plus tax
Courtyard Ann Arbor
3205 Boardwalk Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Rates from $146 plus tax
Hilton Garden Inn
1401 Briarwood Circle, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Rates from $131 plus tax
1301 Briarwood Circle, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Rates from $143 plus tax
Holiday Inn Express and Suites
600 Briarwood Circle, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Rates from $119 plus tax
What to do in Ann Arbor:
- Take in a game at Michigan Stadium
- If with family, visit the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum
- Take in nature at the Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum, summer hours begin on May 26th and they are open 7 days a week.
- Visit the historic Kerrytown Neighborhood. Check out the events listing on the webpage for local celebrations and festivals. Kerrytown is home to a flea market and other shopping, restaurants, specialty food stores, arts, entertainment, and more!
- Visit the University Of Michigan Museum Of Art, considered to be among the best university art museums in the United States, which hosts a variety of art genres, including an especially good collection of Asian art.
- Ann Arbor is approximately 1 hour west of Detroit and 1 hour southeast of Lansing, the capital of Michigan, making either an easy afternoon or day trip.
- Take a trip to see one of the great lakes – Lake Eerie is about 1 hour outside of Ann Arbor
- Enjoy a show at the Michigan Theater, one of Michigan’s most historic theaters in downtown Ann Arbor. Cinetopia Film Festival is hosted at the theater and runs from May 31-June 10 this year.
- Whether with kids or on your own, the Michigan Museum of Paleontology has something interesting for all ages.
- For more to do, Ann Arbor Observer regularly posts events happening in the area.